(101) 40-Hour Hazardous Waste Site Worker Training Certification
All hazardous-waste-site workers are required to complete this course before entering a site under OSHA regulation 1910.120. The five-day course consists of classroom presentations; tabletop exercises; dress-outs in level ‘A’ or ‘B’ suits; and live interactive drills. The hands-on teaching styles of our instructors are designed to provide the student with practical and applicable knowledge. The curriculum includes but is not limited to chemical hazards, air monitoring, medical surveillance, respirators and protective clothing as well as site control in an emergency.
This course is approved by the:
- MA Board of Certification of Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators for 40 training contact hours. (Course ID No. BC-2011-2324)
- MA Board of Certification of Operators of Drinking Water Supply Facilities. (Course ID No. DWT-2011-51)
- CT Department of Environmental Protection Bureau of Water Protection and Land Reuse for wastewater treatment plant operators for 37.5 training contact hours.
- CT Department of Public Health for 37.50 training contact hours for certified operators of Drinking Water Supply Facilities. (Course ID No. TDS-91-690)
- RI Board of Certification of Drinking Water Operators for 40 training contact hours.
This course is designed to meet the requirements of 29 CFR 1910.120 (b)-(o). Other standards referenced in 1910.120 (b)-(o) and/or that are covered to varying degrees in this course include:
1910.95 Noise, 1910.134 Respiratory Protection, 1910.136 Occupational Foot Protection, 1910.146 Confined Space, 1910.147 Control of Hazardous Energy Source (Lock-Out/Tag-Out), 1910.1200 Hazard Communication (Right-To-Know), 1926.52 Noise, 1926.100 Occupational Head Protection, 1926.102 Eye and Face Protection, 1926.451 Requirements for Scaffolding, 1926.500 Guarding Floor and Wall Openings and Holes, 1926.650&1926.652 Excavation and Trenching, 1926.400-449 Working Safely With Electrical Equipment, ANSI Standards vs. OSHA Regulations and, NFPA1991/1992/1994-Performance Standards re: 3 Kinds of CPC.