About Our Training
For over thirty years The New England Consortium (TNEC) has provided employee-centered health and safety training in Hazardous Materials (HazMat) Safety, Emergency Response, Roadway, Industrial and Construction Safety. TNEC has worked with more than 3,000 New England employers and provided training to many of the major environmental and health and safety regulatory agencies in New England, including the U.S. EPA and OSHA in Federal Region One. TNEC has delivered worker health & safety training to over 60,000 employees since 1988.
Effective training has the capability of empowering workers so that they are more fully able to participate in the protection of their own health and safety. In doing so, they also are able to contribute to the health and safety of their co-workers and of the community at large around their place of employment. More and more businesses view training and other environmental, health and safety issues from a business strategy perspective rather than from the former pure cost of compliance standpoint.
TNEC's courses meet or exceed the OSHA training standards for protecting workers and employees. In addition, TNEC adheres to the National Institute Of Environmental Health Science’s ( NIEHS ) Minimum Criteria for Worker Health and Safety Training for Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response. This extensive document ensures the provision of high-quality training from one of the nation’s model health and safety training programs.
TNEC training includes simulated work tasks and mock incidents which ensure our students are thoroughly prepared for work site hazards and emergency response situations. Upon completion of each course, students receive a certificate that documents their training.
In addition to our scheduled open enrollment classes, we offer customized training onsite at your facility to meet your company’s specific needs.
Going beyond the letter of the law with effective training can have significant positive effects on an organization, its acceptance within a community and, indeed, on its bottom line.
Training Benefits for Companies & Organizations:
- Safeguards your Work Environment and Reduces Costs. A properly trained safety team can:
- Avoid injury or even death of employees
- Reduce worker’s compensation premiums by lowering injury rates
- Avoid OSHA fines due to lack of training or unsafe conditions
- Avoid lawsuits/litigation from incidents or injuries
- Protects Against Public Relations Nightmares.
- A minor incident can quickly grow out of control, causing a major incident or fire.
- A well-trained safety team will contain problems in a timely fashion, before they become major problems.
Who Can Benefit from TNEC’s Training?
- Employees who come into contact with hazardous waste and materials
- Employees who respond to hazardous work site situations and emergencies
- Management, Supervisors, Health and Safety Officers, Material Handlers, Drivers, and anyone else dealing with hazardous conditions, and, or its by-products
- Municipal workers who come in contact with hazardous situations
Industries Trained By TNEC
- Chemical Manufacturing
- Heavy Industry
- Waste Facilities
- Pharmaceutical Synthesis
- Colleges and Universities
- State Environmental Agencies (in RI, MA, CT, VT, NH)
- US Army Corps of Engineers
- US Fish & Wildlife Services
- US Postal Service
- State/Municipal Public Works (in RI, MA, VT, NH)
- Fire Fighters throughout New England
- Police throughout New England